Monday, October 14, 2013

My First Blog Post!!!

Hello Blog World!! My name is Hailey, and I am very new to this whole blogging thing; but I have this new-found obsession that I just HAVE to share - Operation Christmas Child!!  If you haven't heard of it, check it out and find out how you can get involved here!

I have packed several boxes to send off with church groups before, but this year I am trying to make a much larger impact. Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year ( I start putting up Christmas decorations and singing Christmas songs the minute my Thanksgiving dinner is over!!!) and I love love looovvvveeee the idea of all the smiling children during this season and especially on Christmas Day, but it absolutely breaks my heart to think of a child feeling "forgotten" or like they weren't "good enough" for Santa to visit them to bring gifts simply because their parents weren't able to get them gifts.  I totally understand that Christmas is about so much more than just presents, but I just cant help myself when it comes to gifts for children! 

Sooo, on to my OCC Obsession ( isn't that the coolest name ever?!).  I wish that I had started this earlier, and I am planning to collect things from now until the time OCC season comes around again next year so that I can pack my goal of 15 boxes next year, but this year I'm sort of on a tight budget.  Here is where I plan to share my ideas, crafts, deals, coupons, pictures, stories, and anything else OCC related that I think you guys will love just as much as I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment