Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Box Number 2 :)

The second box that I have packed this season is for a boy, age 10-14.  I am going to try to pack 4 or 5 boxes for this category because I have just learned that boys age 10-14 is the category with the least number of boxes packed each year; and if there are not enough boxes for these boys to open they have to open a box that was intended for a younger child, which we can imagine would be no fun for them.  A 14 year old receiving a box that was intended for a 2 year old..... I think you get my drift.

So, in honor of hoping that more people will pack boxes for boys 10-14, I am posting what I put into my box!!




Sorry for the horrible quality of the picture, it was taken on my phone.  So in case you can't see (or tell) what all is in it, here's the full list :

  • T-shirt
  • socks
  • toothbrush
  • toothpaste 
  • deodorant 
  • bar soap
  • travel pack of hand wipes
  • pens/pencils/sharpeners
  • notebook
  • water bottle (filled with hard candy - double bagged, of course!)
  • Jacob's Ladder
  • bouncy ball - it lights up!!
  • hot wheels car
  • para-cord bracelet
  • sunglasses
  • trick yo-yo
  • returning baseball
This age group was particularly hard for me, since I wanted to include practical things, but also plenty of  personal care items and school supplies.  Luckily, I have a 13 year old brother who I can sometimes get to help me.  

What do you pack in your Boy 10-14 box?!

No comments:

Post a Comment