Monday, October 14, 2013

First Box of the Season!! :D

The first box that I've packed this season is for a little girl, aged 5-9 :)

If you're not familiar with how Operation Christmas Child works, I'll give you the crash course -
1) choose a gender
2) choose an age range: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14
3) fill your shoe box with gender and age appropriate gifts
4) smile knowing that your time and gifts are going to bring joy to a wonderful child

It's just that simple!! And wonderful for families, couples, churches, classrooms to do together. Not to mention it's a perfect project to help teach little ones about helping others, appreciating what they have, and, most importantly, giving!!

So....... Drum Roll Please..............

My First Box!!



























Like I said in my first post - I'm VERY new to this whole blogging thing, and I haven't quite figured out how to rotate my images - ha ha ha!! But at least you can see what I have put into it! And just in case you can't, here's a list, and some thinking/explanation, of everything I put into this box

  • Flip Flops - I bought a size 5 - even though I know they'll be too big for a 5 year old, it's possible they'll be worn by a 9 year old, so I wanted to make sure they were plenty big
  • Pink Star sunglasses - so glamorous!! 
  • Purple bead necklace - like Mardi Gras beads - can be bought in packages of 6 (or maybe 8, I cant remember!) and split up to put into multiple boxes
  • 2 packs of fruit flavored gum - the only "candy" type things that can be sent in these boxes are gum and hard candy!
  • Pink Glitter Purse
  • Pink Fuzzy Monkey - I try to put a stuffed animal in each of my boxes, kids of all ages like something to snuggle with, and boy was this monkey soft!!!
  • Mini Barbie - you can buy these in packages of 2 at my local Dollar Tree, so I split them up so I could put one in another box too!
  • Notebook
  • Pens/Pencils/Pack of Crayons - a pack of pencils costs an entire week's pay in some countries, and some children can't go to school simply because they don't have the proper supplies, so these are basic items that I make sure to put into every box I send!!
  • Soap
  • Hand Wipes
  • Toothbrush
  • First Aid Kit - free from Walgreens!! :)
  • 2 bath pouf-y things
  • Jump Rope
  • 3 jars or Play Dough
  • 1 bottle of bubbles
  • 3 pk of socks - very cute socks, I might add!!
All of that packed into a small plastic container (which I prefer to use instead of a shoe box because they are a more standard size and I don't want to be unfair with the size of my boxes - I get mine from the Dollar Tree!!) and this is the finished product!!

























The only thing left to do is wrap, and stick a Label on it!!

Let me know what you think!! And Happy Packing!!

Hailey

No comments:

Post a Comment